We are on the lookout for a WordPress-savvy full-stack application developer for building demanding digital services for our clients. Could you be the new team member we’re looking for?
Frantic is a Helsinki-based digital consultancy that develops its clients’ business through design, technology, data, and agile leadership. Our work culture is relaxed and our hierarchy low. We do every project with all our heart and with our clients and their end-users in mind. Our work is based on problem-solving and collaboration in diverse teams, without forgetting the peer support of our colleagues. We have been at the forefront of digital for well over 20 years, and our clients include several of Finland's leading and largest organizations from various industries.
With us, you get to challenge yourself and develop into a top expert in the field, supported by our tight-knit competence communities. Thanks to agile cooperation both internally and with the customer, we succeed and learn something new in every project we do.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic WordPress developer to be responsible for developing demanding digital services as part of our project teams. If you are passionate about delving into emerging technologies and learning the principles of quality development in diverse projects, you could be the one we are looking for.
Your role will be shaped by your own skills and passions. In addition, you will be able to challenge yourself in other technical areas as well. Your primary responsibilities will include the development of modern and demanding digital services utilizing WordPress together with the team. In your work, you will also utilize other customer-specific technologies, and you’re not afraid to take up the challenge even when Contentful and Gatsby, for example, would be a better platform for the solution. You get to influence the choices made by the team, always supported by your own team and Frantic's other professionals.
- To build services with a modern open source stack, primarily over Amazon and Google infrastructures
- To use the most suitable tools for the client’s business
- To work closely in project teams in cooperation with our clients
- Modular content management solutions in WordPress and Contentful environments
- Accessible and structured HTML and CSS
- To have fun while we work
- To build and nurture a work culture that’s inclusive, equal, and diverse
We would like you to have
- Experience in functional WordPress implementations and strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience in Git version control
- Self-initiative and teamwork skills
- Good communication skills in both Finnish and English
We offer you
- Comprehensive occupational health care
- Lunch benefit
- Flexibility with work hours, locations (see Frantic Remote Office), as well as different life stages and situations
- ePassi Flex balance that you can use for sports, culture, wellbeing, or commuting according to your choosing
- A cozy workspace with snacks, top-quality coffee, tea and refreshments. In the times of Covid-19 we work remotely, and offer you the opportunity to have equipment at your home office to support good ergonomics (e.g. work chair, electric desk, screen etc.)
- Versatile opportunities to develop your own skills according to your own interests, for example, conferences, trainings, online courses, or certifications. Learning and development are supported by Frantic's competence communities
- A close-knit community of fun-loving colleagues
When you apply
In the first meeting, we’ll get to know each other, and you’ll get to hear more about the role and what it’s like to work at Frantic. We are interested in hearing what you have already done, and what you have learned along the way. We’ll be happy to have a look at your code beforehand - please attach a link to your previous projects or your Github profile if possible.
In the next rounds, you will be able to meet your future colleagues, and discuss in more detail what it’s like to work with us. When you finally start your journey with us, you’ll have a thorough orientation phase, during which you get to know our community more deeply.
Next step: Get applying
Send us your application through the form below. In case you have any questions in mind, don’t hesitate to call or email us: Technology Lead Ahti Nurminen (+358 400 998 604 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Business Unit Director Katja Vilkamo (+358 40 8644 620 /email@example.com)